Wednesday, August 26, 2009

POOL X - Rankings By Rajesh Velnati - week-6

RankTeamWhy
1 MegaBytes

This is 9th straight win for Megs. Matta’s repeated performance collapsed Jugs batting. Next up is GLCC. This will be the game of the DCL 2009. Unless some miracle happens, I am sure this will be rehearsal for finals for both the teams. So I am sure both the teams will be paying with the full strength. 50-50 chances

2 GLCC

GLCC took their revenge by crushing BT for 30 runs. I am sure this will be shocker for last year champs. Ashraf is back with 5 wkts spell and supported by Vijay Namburi. With Ashraf back in action, I am sure GLCC is ready for a big fight next week

3 Gladiators

Even though Glads lost to bridges, I believe, Glads is a balanced team if they play with their full strength. Viju will be definitely looking to compete for the championship this year and I am sure he might have done his home work by now to move beyond playoffs. Next up is STARS. By looking at the history of STARS, Glads should be winning the next game. But they will be facing STARS full strength along with a surprise bowler. I give 60-40.

4 Strikers

Had a bye last week. On given day Strikers is a dangerous team but they are not consistent. They just need to focus on the game. Next Up is Jugs. They will decide whether to play with STARS or POOL Y team. I give 70-30 chance to Strikers

5 Bridges

Bridges team beat Glads in Lansing. By now all the teams knows Bridges weakness and should know how to capitalize. I am sure Viju might have concentrated on Phani & Aditya. But another player stepped up other than Phani & Aditya in the batting and this time it’s Naveen who made a difference for Bridges. Next up is RBCC. It should be a comfortable win for Bridges. I will give 70-30.

6 Brownstown

Loosing to GLCC so badly might have shocked BT. I know that BT is struggling for the players this year. I don’t believe they have showed their strength yet to retain their championship. It will be tough for BT to move beyond Playoff if they don’t correct their mistakes

7 Juggernauts

Jugs lost to Megs so badly. Matta’s magic worked well. Looks like Bala & Joy is not showing their strength yet. Next up is Strikers. This game will decide whether Jugs will play with STARS or Pool Y team. I am sure they want to play with STARS since all the Pool Y teams are looking stronger now but they have lost to STARS in round 1. I give 30-70

8 Stars

STARS lost to RBCC. It was a 5th straight loss in pool X. Even though STARS are in loosing streak, I didn’t get many chances to play with my full team this year. We won against Falcons, Jugs in round 1 and lost to GLCC. These are the only 3 games we played with full team. Against GLCC, It was a close game and we almost scared GLCC. The costliest mistake we have done on that day was dropping at least 7 catches. We are looking beyond playoffs this year and I am sure our bowling strength will make a difference.
Next up is Glads. It will be a practice game for both the teams as it will not make much difference on the outcome of this game. I am sure STARS needs a morale boost and Glads needs good practice.
I agree with Samish that DCL games are favored to Bowlers. It’s the bowling strength that wins the games in DCL. I also agree with him on his other comment that the team should know how to win even without their full strength

9RBCC

RBCC won against STARS. STARS were 13/6 at one point of time but RBCC was unable to capitalize the situation. STARS made 71/8. Also RBCC chased the target in 18.3 overs by loosing 6 wkts. I know both the teams didn’t play with their full team.

I am not fully convinced with RBCC that they will move beyond playoff’s this year. I wanted them to move but I think they have to do lot of home work.

No comments:

Post a Comment